Wednesday, May 14, 2014

On the way

The day we have been waiting for has finally arrived and we are on our way! There is probably not much of interest in today's events, but so I'll make this brief. We got out of Rochester in good shape despite last night's thunder storms. As we flew to Philadelphia we had a good view of several of the finger lakes and it was amazing to see really big plumes of silt that had washed into them all along their length.  It was clear evidence of the intensity of the storms south of Rochester.
I'm writing this during our layover in Philadelphia where I was able to use a complimentary pass to the US Airways club. Cath and I ate enjoying this pretty well as evidenced from the attached photo!
I can't help feeling a bit nostalgic here as this is where my roots are. I spent the first 30 years of my life here, the first 7 years married to a wonderful woman here, birthplace of our two great children. Gee, sounds like Lake Wobegon! Lots of other life events here and nearby - too many to discuss here, but they are all great memories.
So this is a good start to our France adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Great photo! I'm impressed at how well you take selfies. Mine never turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, I didn't know that you are from Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete